What will VisualFoundation do for you?
Design Mat Foundations, Slabs on Grade
Automate much of the work involved in finite element modeling, building models with higher-level constructs like slabs, walls, colums, and piles.
Design Pile Caps
VisualFoundation will take care of the modeling details while you specify the locations, sizes and structural configuration of your foundation, supports, loads.
Analyze Complex Geometry and Soils
The software will analyze with your loads to determine moments, shears, displacements and bearing pressures using FEA. Stability checks and punching shear calculations are done automatically.
Get Demands, Meet Code Requirements
VisualFoundation will then help you check to make sure the footing meets IBC/ACI requirements, and will tell you about the steel requirements for the slab. Concise reports let you move from analysis to design smoothly and efficiently.
Why use VisualFoundation?
You have choices in the marketplace, for mat footings--even among IES tools
! VisualFoundation shines in a number of areas:
Dedicated to foundations, so easier to use than
VisualAnalysis for this task
Automated modeling--the FEA model is built
and refined automatically.
Incorporate the effects of walls and beams in the slab
Over 2500 companies use IES tools: one part-time support person
at IES! (Think about it, our products don't need much support!)
What's New in Version 7.0?
IES released the latest upgrade in August 2016 with the following feature additions or improvements.
- 64-bit memory, no more out-of-memory issues
- Multiple-threaded architecture uses all processor cores
- Improved UI, ribbon toolbar with tooltips
- 3D Graphical views
- Preference settings
- Optional startup dialog (power users can "jump right in")
- Powerful CAD-like selection feature
- No boundary merge/intersection required
- Easier to edit
- Control over overlapping footing thicknesses
- DXF import has insertion point so huge coordinate files can be moved.
- Customizable load combinations
- Patterned loading
- More Direct full-footing loading
- Full Boundary load is easier to use
- Automated behind-the-scenes
- Much faster analysis (using all processor cores)
- More accurate results
- Improved grade-beam design Reporting
- More accurate calculations
- Latest ACI specification
- Much improved Report Viewer
- More tables and options
- Grade Beam Moment & Shear Diagram