ShapeBuilder: Section Properties Calculator
Section properties calculator, stress analysis, shape database customization. Get torsion properties, cracked section properties, concrete section capacities and interaction diagrams. Exports custom member cross-sections to VisualAnalysis.
Why use ShapeBuilder?
You have a number of choices in the marketplace for section property calculators. ShapeBuilder shines in a number of areas:
- Very easy to use, drag & drop, copy & paste operation.
- Extremely fast and flexible to build-up or cut-down parts
- Advanced analysis (torsion constant, shear center, warping...)
- Exports shapes to use for frame/truss members in VisualAnalysis
- See below for more...
What can you do with ShapeBuilder?
Calculate Geometric Properties of Any Plane Figure
- Create built-up sections, find their properties
- Shapes with holes or cut-outs
- Area of any plane-geometric outline
- Structural properties
- Shear and torsion properties
- Calculate a Torsion Constant
- Plot Stress Levels under Arbitrary Loads
- Locate the Shear Center
- Locate Extreme Shear Forces
- Plot the Warping Normal Function
Investigate Reinforced Concrete Shapes under Loads
- Find cracked and uncracked properties
- Stress and strain determination
- View 3D Interaction diagrams
- Section capacity determination
Calculate Composite Section Properties
- Properties transformed with modular ratio:
- Example: "Flitch Beams" of Wood and Steel
- Example: Steel Encased in Concrete Sections
- Example: Differing steel Fy (plastic Properties)
- Example: Glass and Aluminum Frame
- Example: Rebar in Concrete Beam or Column
Create Shapes from External Data
- Import complex shapes from DXF, STEP, IGES, TXT and more
Customize the IES Shape Database
- Export shapes to VisualAnalysis
- Import CFS Cold-Formed shape libraries (.scl files) for VisualAnalysis