What will VisualFoundation do for you?
Design Mat Foundations, Slabs on Grade
Automate much of the work involved in finite element modeling, building models with higher-level constructs like slabs, walls, colums, and piles.
Design Pile Caps
VisualFoundation will take care of the modeling details while you specify the locations, sizes and structural configuration of your foundation, supports, loads.
Analyze Complex Geometry and Soils
The software will analyze with your loads to determine moments, shears, displacements and bearing pressures using FEA. Stability checks and punching shear calculations are done automatically.
Get Demands, Meet Code Requirements
VisualFoundation will then help you check to make sure the footing meets IBC/ACI requirements, and will tell you about the steel requirements for the slab. Concise reports let you move from analysis to design smoothly and efficiently.
Why use VisualFoundation?
You have choices in the marketplace, for mat footings--even among IES tools
! VisualFoundation shines in a number of areas:
Dedicated to foundations, so easier to use than
VisualAnalysis for this task
Automated modeling--the FEA model is built
and refined automatically.
Incorporate the effects of walls and beams in the slab
Over 2500 companies use IES tools: one part-time support person
at IES! (Think about it, our products don't need much support!)
What's New in Version 6.0?
IES released the latest upgrade in May 2015 with the following feature additions or improvements.
Engineering and Modeling
- Walls and Grade Beams split automatically when crossed
- Persistent dimensions and types when creating columns and other objects
- Polygon and Circle projects now have reasonable column-lines created
- Polygon and Circle foundations may be moved dragging column lines or editing a vertex
- Merge command is now in the main menu/toolbar in addition to the right-click menu
- Ability to add 'external' sliding resistance forces
- Split a footing area two parts by creating a "hole" footing entirely across the footing (reconnect by dragging a column line)
- Edit Wall Locations by moving vertices (drag or enter coordinates)
- Custom service load cases may be created
- Custom load combinations may be created
- Importing from VisualAnalysis now imports custom load cases and combinations
- Clicking on a Column (or similar) will Automatically generate a load like the one you last created or edited.
- Loads now have names that you can change as you like
Analysis & Design
- Option to disable design-checks after analysis (for performance with repeated analysis runs)
- Steel Base Plate Design (via IES VAConnect, purchased separately)
- Enhanced "Rebar Detailing" Options
- By Plate Elements
- By Column Lines
- By Foundation Areas