What will VisualFoundation do for you?
VisualFoundation will help you design complex mat footings. It automates much of the work involved in finite element modeling. VisualFoundation will take care of the modeling details while you specify the locations, sizes and structural configuration of your foundation. The software will analyze with your loads to determine moments, shears, displacements and bearing pressures using FEA. Stability checks and punching shear calculations are done automatically.
VisualFoundation will then help you check to make sure the footing meets IBC/ACI requirements, and will tell you about the steel requirements for the slab.
Why use VisualFoundation?
You have choices in the marketplace, for mat footings--even among IES tools
! VisualFoundation shines in a number of areas:
Dedicated to foundations, so easier to use than
VisualAnalysis for this task
Automated modeling--the FEA model is built
and refined automatically.
Incorporate the effects of walls and beams in the slab
Over 2500 companies use IES tools: one part-time support person
at IES! (Think about it, our products don't need much support!)
What's New in Version 5.0?
IES released the latest upgrade in January 2014 with the following feature additions or improvements.
- Additional DXF import items including points, isolated lines, and closed lines.
- Plate moment and shear diagrams.
- Grade beam moment and shear diagrams.
- Customizable Load Combinations, directly in the software
- Creation of grid line sets through regular arrays or a spreadsheet matrix.
- Differing stability safety factors for strength versus service level loads.
- Thickened pile caps.
- Tension and compression-only piles.
- Circular and rectangular ring loads.
- Rotated pressure loads. "N" reinforcing bar types.
- Reinforcing minimum steel limits can be either ACI values, your own value, or no limit.
- Boundary vertices can be selected and merged.
- Keyboard keys for zooming and panning (+- and arrows with CTRL key).
- Column loads are reported for strength and service combination cases.
- Template projects can be saved for future starting points.
- Reinforcing steel demands are now shown graphically.
- Easy export of 'Numerical Results' table to .xls, .pdf, or .html format